Thursday, January 21, 2010

CAS50 - Birthday Card Fairy - January

Wow...it seems like ages since I did a SCS challenge! This week's Clean and Simple challenge (CAS50) was simple "TEAL". My friend, Heather and I challenged each other to do the TEAL challenge. It's not really fair...Heather's stamping is CAS. Mine...well you know how I struggle. Still I'm 95% happy with this one!! I think my real challenge should be clean and simple grunge. Sounds like an oxymoron, huh? But I'm going to think on that one and see what I come up with...

I also need to send out my monthly Wish RAK birthday cards!! I'm a bit late (blame the missing Mojo). Nothing special here. I think the last 5% would be a smaller "panel" and more white space.

Stamps: Hero Arts SILHOUETTE GRASS
Paper: Whisper White, teal
Ink: Distress Ink BROKEN CHINA
Accessories: glitter, MS Butterfly punch, and rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful CAS and this card shines with color, too! How come I never think to stamp silhouettes in anything but black? This is so much happier! The DP butterfly is a perfect accent to the blues!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that color, makes for a pretty card! So hard for me to do CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so awesome! it totally caught my eye in the CAS50 gallery!! You nailed the challenge!! and I think that wheat looks fantastic in teal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, i like the fresh color. It looks fantastic with this silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice use of teal! I would love to see you come up with some CAS grunge!

    ReplyDelete