Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Halloween?

It's snowing again....
It's a common occurrence in Colorado for kids to have to wear their snowpants under their Halloween Costumes. The weatherman says we're suppose to get 3-8 inches before tomorrow night. We also got 5-inches on Monday too. Sigh...I think we missed fall. Winter is here! Fortunately, this time of year most of the snow will be gone after the first sunny day.

I got this e-card from a friend. It's too funny, so I thought I'd share it with you: http://www.bluemountain.com/display.pd?path=104704&prodnum=3169536

I took a class at my local scrap/stamp store last Friday night. The teacher was from Tattered Angels, the makers of GLIMMER MIST. It was suppose to be a two hour class but stretched to nearly 4 hours. But we came away with TWO great projects. I finished the main project last night. This altered "inspiration" board.

We began by using masks and Glimmer Mist on a 12x16 artist board. It's a pre-gessoed board for painting. By layer masks and using different colors of Glimmer Mist, and heat setting between colors, I got this grunged-up base.

Lower Left: This corner is covered with a 6x6 "tag". Using Tim Holtz "wrinkle free distress" method (the best tutorial is here) , I ended up with a tag that looks like marble! The sentiment was then embossed with copper. The "D" is a piece of "Glimmer Chips" - chipboard from Tattered Angels.

Upper Left: This corner I did when I got home. I took some blue flowers and sprayed them with COFFEE SHOP Glimmer Misty. Then added the brads. I didn't want to cover up the medallion, so I just stuck them in the upper corner.

Upper Right: The teacher had supplied the small envelope. We cut off the flap and grunged it up a bit (I stamped some flower vines on it). The frame is the other half of the "D". And I added the Idea-ology key when I got home.

Lower right: This is a mirror that was embossed with copper. I hadn't done this before, it's a great look. But it does take a LOT of time for the EP to melt. It must have something to do with heat distribution on the glass. The mask I had used in the background was the perfect size to "frame" this round mirror.

Now...if I could just figure out where to hang it.

The second project was a tag album but I don't have it done. So more on that later!

2 comments:

  1. Snow?? I'm SO not ready for that!

    Looks like a fun class. The embossed mirror is amazing and the sentiment is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous stuff, Deb! I need a Glimmer Mist glass--you're so lucky! My kids would be very jealous of your snow--not much here in California!

    ReplyDelete