Thursday, October 14, 2010

A *BELATED* Happy Birthday to GRANT!!

I have one niece and one nephew...my sister's kids.

I have two nieces and one nephew of the heart...my best girlfriends' kids.

My adopted nephew, Grant, turned 18 last month. And the "scummy" Aunt Deb that I am...I didn't get a card in the mail to him. And then I didn't get a card in the mail to him. AND I STILL DIDN'T GET A CARD IN THE MAIL TO HIM! (UGH!)

Excuses? I have many but I think you'll all understand when I say...making a card for a man is HARD!

Then inspiration hit...my Fred B Mullet fish stamps! They needed ink. Or in this case - BLEACH!

I started with two blue papers from Stampin Up (Not Quite Navy and Night of Navy. I wasn't sure how the bleach would react with the paper. This is the Night of Navy and you can see that it bleached out to a "tan" color. (The Not Quite Navy turned a pink color - yuck!) After that dried I stamped with the same color SU! ink over the bleached fish.

Finally, I added a bunch of water to a pot of Twinkling H2O's and let it set. As the water absorbs the H2O becomes "gloppy". With a paint brush I put some on my mat and added a bit more water and then "inked" up the stamp! And I got the cool metallic looking fish!

The fish on white paper is the same H2O. After it dried I used my stamp positioner to restamp with Archival.

I think it turned out cool!

Happy Belated Birthday Grant!! (love you!)

Stamps: Fred B Mullet, Amuse sentiment
Paper: Stampin Up! Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: bleach, Night of Navy, Archival black
Accessories: fly, Twinkling H2O's

6 comments:

  1. It did turn out more than cool! It turned out AWESOME. I love it and think it is a terrific Masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really COOL! Love, love, love it Deb! :) You are so talented, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Love the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Deb it looks really great. I like the different colors. Is that a little fish at the sentiment ? Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great "man card"; I love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete