Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oxford Impressions Christmas Card

Suzanne of Oxford Impressions had a contest on her blog before Christmas. I put a quick card together and sent it off. I was one of five winners!

I used my only Oxford Impressions "Christmas" set - WINTER SNOW. I collaged all the smaller stamps in the set as the background and used a Technique Junkies method called Burnished Backgrounds. The background color is a mix of Distressed inks. I stamped the boy on glossy white with Archival ink and heat set it. Then I tore a strip of white card stock and misted with Glimmer Mist. The Marshmallow spray gave the paper a real SPARKLE. But it also needed some Stickles along the edges (wink). Doesn't his expression say - "I just shoveled all this snow and here's another flake..." ??

Finally, I did a crystal snowflake at the embellishment.

Stamps: Oxford Impressions WINTER SNOW
Paper: white and glossy white
Ink: Distress Ink: FADED JEANS, BROKEN CHINA, WEATHERED WOOD; Archival Ink
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Glimmer Mist: MARSHMALLOW, Stickles, and Crystal Snowflake.
Technique Junkies: Burnished Backgrounds

7 comments:

  1. awesome Deb! I've had this set for a couple years and really should use it!!! This is great and congrats on winning!!! how cool!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool Deb! Congrats on the win!!!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Deb -- definitely worthy of a win! The background is such a perfect collage of images, the focal point image is too funny, and that snowflake is beautiful!! Great sketch, too.

    Let us know what your prize is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can see why this was picked as a winner! It's awesome! (I wonder if the Marshmallow Glimmer Mist is anything like the Pearl. I just used some of that and it rocks!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! And so creative, love the snowflake and since I don't know what this stamp looks like on it's own to me your collage is so perfect it is the stamp! The technique is gorgeous- great job with it. This whole card is just so perfect! Congratulations!
    hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous! Love how you collaged & embossed all that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your beautiful card on the blog! Congratulations on winning -- I love what you did with all the stamps. I also have that set of rubber and you have inspired me to do something with it -- next year!!!

    ReplyDelete