Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Bridal Shower

This weekend after I posted my 9am VSN entry, Mom and I left to drive to Denver and then fly to Milwaukee. My one and only niece, Jessica, is getting married. Her future mother-in-law held a surprise bridal shower for her on Sunday.

Nate and Jess's engagement picture.

Jess is the most UN-froo-froo girl I know so I did a CAS card for them. All directly stamped on Neenah Solar White. The flower border was lightly colored with COPICs to give a hint of color. The dots on the wheel were covered with mini rhinestones (because Aunt Deb has to put bling on everything).

Stamps: Stampin Up! Forever Flowers wheel and Together Forever
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Brilliance Black, Real Red
Accessories: Copics, rhinestones, and silver cord.

Jess' first stunned "what are you doing here?" look was priceless. This isn't the 1st time I've surprised her. I think it's #3. But she always seems glad to me see me after it sinks in!

Nate knew about the shower so Jess gave him the eye when she found out.

A hug from Gram is always good!

I flew home late Sunday night expecting major snow in Denver. But it had passed by the time I got home. I had clear roads most of the way. The only snow/ice I ran into was about 2 miles from my house. OH...and on my car. It took me 20 minutes to clear the windshield, so I could drive.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome surprise, Aunt Deb!

    Jess is very lucky to have such a talented (and willing) aunt; those invitations are CAS elegance at its finest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing shower, and I am sooo lucky to have an Ant Deb that would take the time and effort to come all the way from COLORADO!!! Thank you thank you!
    PS... I loved the card too!
    Love,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had so much fun! Your niece is beautiful! I hope she'll be so very happy! Thanks for visiting me today--you're always so nice to me and I love when you "come over"! Hope you're having a great day--and that you get some good rest after your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this was so sweet. Your neice and her fiance are a gorgeous couple. I wish them MANY, MANY years of happiness! :)

    Stop on by the farm blog if you have a chance. I added some photos I took earlier this year and had entered in a contest. It was all hush, but I can't remember if I sent them in the circle journal or not (the memory is starting to go). LOL
    http://heavensgatealpacas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful surprise, just love the simplicity of the card, very pretty, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete