Wednesday, December 7, 2011

GC129: Starry Night

This December, Gingersnap Creations is celebrating Holiday Lights and we will be focusing on candles, votive holders and all things wax.

For today's project I'm focusing on a luminary for a votive or tea light. It's a quick project with lots of possibilities. Different shaped windows, embossed vellum windows, different die-cut edges - the list goes on and on! The tutorial is on SplitCoast Stampers.

I started with a 12x12 piece of silver glitter paper. I cut the piece a bit longer than 5.5" called for in the tutorial because I wanted to die-cut the top edge.


To cut the window, I drew a pencil line inside and then positioned the nestie with washi tape. I folded the box in half to cut the top. The polar bear is a Memory box stamp. And I die cut stars and covered them with blue glitter embossing powder. If I could have found a tea light or votive I would have fired it up for you. Sadly all the little candles are in a "very safe place" right now.

These are the Copics I used. The warm greys are great for shadows.

I hope to have a second post today inspired by Tim's Day#7 tag...stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Debs ... its a gorgeous shimmery project and I love that polar bear (dont suppose you are watching BBC1 Frozen Planet are you?) Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous! Love that polar bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Deb--great Starry Night inspiration!

    :)

    ReplyDelete