Wednesday, July 6, 2011

GC109: ON THE ROAD

Oops...I'm a bit late in getting this posted! I went to an acupuncturist for the first time last night and 4 hours after my appointment time I got home and it was too late to post! ( I'm happy to say I'm already seeing some benefit from the session, tho...)

This month Gingersnap Creations is dedicated to machines with a focus on steampunk style, a mix of Victorian elements and futuristic components. We also have a great sponsor - Dezinaworld who is a great source for collage sheets! I'll be playing with some of their steampunk sheets next week. ;)

This week's theme is ON THE ROAD! Not steampunk but I love this set.

SO...my tag.

Hummm...ever have one of those creations that goes horribly wrong but you can't stop? I started in a good place. Postcard sized tag, a piece of map torn from an old atlas, my ROUTE 66 stamps from Artistic Outpost. And I took a left turn down a bad road!

My friend, Heather and I have an unending debate about "one less vs. one more item". Heather always thinks everything needs one less something. I always think everything needs MORE. But I have to say in this case...Heather is right (did you hear that Heather???) But what needs to come off...well that's where the road took a left turn. I don't know.

So...enjoy my over embellished tag and don't forget to get your KICKS ON ROUTE 66!! (yes...I'm that old...)
Post your ON THE ROAD creations on the Ginger blog by the end of the month!

9 comments:

  1. I like your tag!! Reminds me on my USA Trip in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great!

    And I'm happy to know you feel better after the session with the acupuncturist :-) Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag! Love the filmstrip over the map papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovin' this one--I'm just a hop, skip and jump from Rt 66 in Illinois. Ate at an historic Rt 66 cafe yesterday. So your theme is near and dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks awesome. I have the same urge to put "just one more thing" on my art. I have Ali to stop me from fiddling with things forever thank heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous take on the theme. Legendary Route 66. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible tag, love that little bottle cap ...such a perfect detail! take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool tag, love the use of an old map.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collage, love the frosty cap.

    ReplyDelete