Monday, August 30, 2010

Deb's Recipe of the Month Club - August

It may seem that I'm a bit late in the month (again) for the Recipe of the Month club. But I've been "working" on this for a while - at least in my head.

All the other recipes I've done have suggested the stamps and direction I needed to go - but this one. CALICO BEANS was hard! In my mind "calico" is for quilts and I toyed with sewing ideas. In the end I found this great Basic Grey paper that looked "calico" like and went for a very simple card. The ladybug came about because there are small ladybugs scattered on the paper.

Stamps: PaperTrey Ink LITTLE LADY
Paper: Basic Grey JUNEBUG, black cardstock
Ink: VersaMagic Aquatic Splash & Red Magic; Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: K&Company flowers, mini black rhinestones

I also added a library pocket on the back for the original recipe. Here mine is with my mom's handwritten recipe safely tucked away.

6 comments:

  1. It is so pretty. I love the paper you used on this. It is perfect. Recipe sounds good to. You have such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love the paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one gorgeous recipe card, Miss Deb! Love it...and that you've so carefully saved your mom's handwritten recipe...

    Hope you're having a wonderful night!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Deb, your recipe card looks really pretty. I like the DP and the idea with the envie on the back is fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a great idea to save your mom's handwritten recipe in the back! You are brilliant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this recipe card, it is beautiful. the colors are awesome and the multi-layered flower is just the best. i'd cook all the time if all the recipe cards were this gorgeous! (ha!)

    ReplyDelete