Monday, July 19, 2010

Deb's Recipe of the Month - July

Time again for the Recipe of the Month! This month (being half way thru the year) is BONUS month. In other words, I did two recipes.

My mom and I have dueling recipes for this slaw with Ramen Noodles. She uses red cabbage and chops it up like sand. And fries the noodles. ME? I like them soft and the cabbage shred (I don't care what color). Since I'm the one doing the recipe do-overs, I did MY version!

I always love using the Hero Arts FOUR DOLLS set. This one was colored with Copics to "match" the Basic Grey paper. I didn't really have the right markers but it worked. And I wasn't that crazy about the BG June Bug paper series, but I loved this soft purple/blue one. And it's very oriental looking. It's a pretty basic recipe card.

Stamps: Hero Arts FOUR DOLLS; Memory Box SONOMA PRINT
Paper: Basic Grey JUNE BUG
Ink: Memento, SU! Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Copics, Nestabilities, pink pearls

This recipe I saw this recipe posted on Michelle Wooderson's blog MISH MASH last year. I *LOVE* Fresca, it brings back many memories of my grandmother and hot summer afternoons. So EASY SQUEEZY CRANBERRY LIME COOLERS sounded great!

The glass was colored with Copics and then highlighted with glitter. I was worried that the Glossy Accents would make the Copic run or fade - but it didn't! You can see the glitter under the Glossy Accents. It's a cool look.

The colors I used for the drink recipe.

Stamps: Hero Arts LETS CHILL; Denami Designs SMALL CITRUS SPLASH
Paper: SU! Pink Passion, YoYo Yellow, Green Galore
Ink: Memento, Yo Yo Yellow
Accessories: Copics, glitter, Glossy Accents, EK Success border punch

11 comments:

  1. Great coloring on the drink glass and the drink sounds so refreshing. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!!! I love seeing all your stamped pieces :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another impressive set of recipe cards (and recipes)! It's always so fun to see how you coordinate the recipe to such perfect images, DPs, and embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful recipe cards! Love the drink with the extra sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, I'll have to try that recipe. Luv the drink, fab coloring Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, your recipe cards are fantastic. I like the layout and your coloring. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The recipe cards are beautiful. Not only are the copics done so well, but the glossy accent really enhances the look of cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your recipie cards. I especially like how you used the Labels 2 on that first one!! I love fresca too and have a few cans in the fridge ... think I"m going to make some of this :-) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love these recipe cards! really pretty and right on target to the printed recipes. what a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic! What a great way to dress up recipes! I would be tempted to frame them though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb--these are fantastic! Love the added glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete