Saturday, July 3, 2010

CoC#3 - MonoPrint HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

So...it's been a weird week. I got noticed June 14th that my last day of work would be June 30th. For the first time in my life - I'm unemployed with no idea where I'll land. I'd been stressing about this day for 2 years, so in the end - it's a RELIEF to have it done. I'm so calm. Then I listen to the news - LOL!! I know it will all work out in the end but if you'd send a good thought my way I'd appreciate it (and if you have an IT job in the Colorado Springs area....HIRE ME! I'M GOOD!) But I'm taking a break from figuring out the unemployment insurance stuff and catching up with some stamping!!

Week #3 of Studio L3's COMPENDIUM OF CURIOSITIES challenge is Mono-printing. I used Stonewashed, Sailboat Blue, and Red Pepper alcohol inks for my background. I have to say that I tried this many times before I didn't get muddled colors and I really like this final result. The stars all covered in glitter.

Have a happy, SAFE 4th of July!!

Stamps: Artistic Outpost HERO
Paper: white glossy, AMuse red mini check
Ink: Archival
Accessories: star punches, glitter, alcohol inks

6 comments:

  1. Deb, I'm glad you're celebrating your own independence! I'm sorry this is a stressful time, but I bet it's all going to work out beautifully for you. And absolutely-- all kinds of good thoughts for great employment are heading your way.

    Now, as for that card, it's just brilliant! I love the Stars & Stripes theme, and wow, did your monoprint ever turn out cool! I don't know how you managed to keep the colors so true, but you did and it's lovely (by contrast, when I tried to mix red and blue, I got nothing but a weird purple mess).

    Thanks for joining in, and I hope you have a great holiday! Good luck with the job hunt (after taking a little restorative down time, right?), and I'll look forward to enjoying more of your art next week.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that background rocks! Good luck with the job search; I'll bet better things are around the corner....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right that everything will turn out the way it is suppose to and maybe even better. I truly am sending good thoughts your way! Good luck and try to enjoy this brief vacation.

    Your card is perfect for the 4th! Love your background and the sparkle in those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation to match your inspiring attitude!

    I'll be wishing for you a Dream Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have this stamp and I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, sorry to hear about your job....You card is just beautiful, the tech works wonderful with these images. Thanks for playing at Artistic Outpost.

    ReplyDelete