Friday, May 7, 2010

Anatomy of a Tag

This week's Tuesday Tag challenge (#50) at Kard Krazy's (Louise) was to use a ticket on your tag. I had just purchased some Tim tickets and was flipping thru the book to see what I could use. I decided on "SOAR". I did my background last night and it turned out so cool that I decided to do an anatomy of a tag!

I used three colors of Adirondack PAINT DABBERS: Pool, Aqua, & Lettuce (I seem to be on green/aqua/blue kick lately). I started rubbing the POOL back and forth across the center of the tag. Then just dabbed the LETTUCE in a random pattern on the bottom. And did the same with AQUA on the top. I did let it dry overnight but the heat gun works too.

A few weeks ago, my friend Heather, showed me a cool way to make leaves. I punched 1 3/8" circles out. Then shifted them over to re-punch a section of the circle out. I ran my embossing tool down the center to score a fold-line and bent them slightly. I randomly stuck them down over the green dab marks.

I finally broke down and bought the Tim Holtz bird/cage die last weekend. I really did try to resist it! I cut one bird/wing out of chipboard and one out of the new 7 Gypsies Paris music paper. The trick was getting the two parts facing the same direction!

I sponged Tumbled Glass, Stormy Skies, and Chipped Sapphire on the bird and rubbed Brushed Corduroy along the branch. A jet rhinestone eye and it's done!

11 comments:

  1. This turned out great! Thanks for the details! (and I have that die on my wish list)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful tag. I love the way you explained your steps. And admire your patience in letting your background dry overnight. I had my hand on that TG birdcage die....and put it back:):0) At least this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aqua and green is the perfect color combo for this tag; actually I'd like that color combo for almost any theme! Thanks for the leaf-making tip -- they look great. And I love, love the song bird! You are really amazing with these tags, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool Deb,
    Love those leaves, great idea and that bird is just awesome, well the entire tag is really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your tag, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, i like the "song" bird ! Great idea and thanks for the tips. Wonderul tag and great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this! Thanks for giving the step-by-step instructions; awesome end result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tag - so enjoyed the step by step too! Colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. an awesome tag - and of course you couldn't resist that bird .. look at him, he's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete