I've been playing with all the new Hero Art stamps I got last weekend. I debated a long time about getting this silhouette stamp. I wasn't sure I'd use it. And wouldn't you know - it's the 2nd stamp I ink up! (grin)
The paper is from the other new Basic Grey 6x6 pad that came - Cappella. I think it's designed as a wedding set but it's so perfect for these vintage-y images! The silhouette was stamped on a strip to simulate wallpaper. I used Archival Black because I always get a rich black image (it doesn't fad like a water based ink). Martha punches to get a lacy mat and more BG Cappella for the main sheet. The flower was from a Archiver's class I took. I didn't like the flower on the class card, so I had just put it in my stash. Both flowers are a pretty papered paper that was covered in Crackle Paint - ROCK CANDY. And you can't see it - but there's a pearl swirl behind the flower.
Stamps: Hero Arts TEATIME SILHOUETTE
Paper: Basic Grey CAPPELLA
Ink: Archival black
Accessories: pearls, Prima flowers, Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, Martha Stewart punches, ribbon.
The stamp originally came as a solid block.
Every time I tried to stamp it I got a dirty image (upper corner) where the negative space rubber would pick-up ink. I tried 4 times and could *NOT* get a clean image.
So I took my X-acto knife and cut out most of the negative space rubber. It took some time. If you do this be VERY CAREFUL - I did get a little cut when the knife slipped/jumped. But the result is a clean stamp every time!