Friday, April 30, 2010

Vintage Silhouette

I've been playing with all the new Hero Art stamps I got last weekend. I debated a long time about getting this silhouette stamp. I wasn't sure I'd use it. And wouldn't you know - it's the 2nd stamp I ink up! (grin)

The paper is from the other new Basic Grey 6x6 pad that came - Cappella. I think it's designed as a wedding set but it's so perfect for these vintage-y images! The silhouette was stamped on a strip to simulate wallpaper. I used Archival Black because I always get a rich black image (it doesn't fad like a water based ink). Martha punches to get a lacy mat and more BG Cappella for the main sheet. The flower was from a Archiver's class I took. I didn't like the flower on the class card, so I had just put it in my stash. Both flowers are a pretty papered paper that was covered in Crackle Paint - ROCK CANDY. And you can't see it - but there's a pearl swirl behind the flower.

Stamps: Hero Arts TEATIME SILHOUETTE
Paper: Basic Grey CAPPELLA
Ink: Archival black
Accessories: pearls, Prima flowers, Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, Martha Stewart punches, ribbon.

The stamp originally came as a solid block.

Every time I tried to stamp it I got a dirty image (upper corner) where the negative space rubber would pick-up ink. I tried 4 times and could *NOT* get a clean image.

So I took my X-acto knife and cut out most of the negative space rubber. It took some time. If you do this be VERY CAREFUL - I did get a little cut when the knife slipped/jumped. But the result is a clean stamp every time!

5 comments:

  1. Deb it's beautiful! Great job taking out all that extra rubber. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the printed DP; it really does look like vintage wallpaper!

    Thanks for the tips about trimming the stamp, too -- just might save me some DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deb, I like wallpaper background with this DP. It looks so real ! I like your vintage cards, they are always so beautiful. Hugs to you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That is just too sweet! Your vintage paper and beautiful flower are perfect for such a pretty image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wallpaper look - perfect paper for that and what a great idea to cut away the negative space. I have a few images that I've been having some trouble with and I might give this a try too.

    ReplyDelete