Friday, December 18, 2009

Spritz Cookie Recipe

Since next Friday is Christmas, this is my last post as a KLSNS design team member. The new design team takes over on Jan 1st!

I've slowly (very slowly) been "scrappin" old family favorite recipes. Since I made spritz cookies this week I had the recipe out and felt it needed the "treatment". It's always been one of our family's favorite Christmas cookies!

First I printed the recipe on Neenah Cream. I use MS Publisher to format all my recipes. I selected the Basic Grey ESKIMO KISSES paper because the little motif reminded me of a bunch of spritz cookies all on a cookie sheet. Chef Tilda was stamped in Archival Ink and heat set. I then used my aqua painter and Distress Ink to watercolor her. I sprayed a little Glimmer Mist: Candy Apple Red on the poinsettia flowers just to give them some "bling". And after I put the branches down and Tilda on top, I had to giggle at the expression on her face. Her little eyebrows are up in her bangs - like it's kinda pokey sitting on those branches! (grin)

Since the original recipe was hand-written by my mother, I didn't want to loose that. I'm fortunate to still have her around to help me make spritz, but I know that won't always be the case. So I preserved this little bit of history by putting an old-fashion library card pocket on the back of the recipe and slip the original inside!!

Stamps: Magnolia CHEF TILDA
Paper: Basic Grey ESKIMO KISSES; Neenah Cream
Ink: Archival, Distress Ink
Accessories: Aqua painter, Glimmer Mist: Candy Apple Red, paper flowers, Martha Stewart branch punch and glitter pen.

5 comments:

  1. 7 days 'til Christmas? Eek! I don't think I realized it until I saw your banner! I had to laugh at Tilda's expression too. Too funny. Have a great holiday Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice having those originals in their own handwriting! A cute recipe card, I've never made those before! Merry Christmas Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy recipe; I love recipes that list butter as one of the main ingredients! And you are right -- the EK design does look like mini spritz cookies!

    Perfect way to preserve your mom's handwritten recipe. Thanks for the inspiration because I have a few bedraggled, super-special cards that need this royal treatment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an awesome recipe card and I love how you created a space to add the original!! I recieved my card today - it is beautiful (even more so in real life) thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the facelift you gave to your cherished family recipe--adorable! We've been cookie-baking crazies over here--too much! Lots of fun, though!

    I got the most beautiful Christmas card in the mail today--thank-you, Deb! I'm being very slow this year--haven't gotten that done yet--terrible! I'm still hoping to...If I don't, please forgive me & I'll owe you! Much love to you--hope you're having a wonderful Christmas week!

    ReplyDelete