I really resisted starting a blog. I didn't think I'd have enough share. I had NO IDEA of the friends I'd make in the blogging world! Yesterday one of my new friends, Julie gave me an award on her blog, A Vintage Chic.
So, in keeping with this award, here are 5 things you might not know about me:
1) I was a summer exchange student to northern Norway right after high school. Find North Cape on the map, and go down to the dip. I lived in Karasjok for 2 months. I'm still VERY close with my Norwegian family.
2) Before stamping I was a needleworker for 25 years. I opened/closed a needlework store here in Colorado Springs from Jan 2003 to Nov 2005. I'm not stitching now, but will get back to it sooner or later.
3) I love to travel. I've been to quite a few places in this world: China, Panama Canal, a great deal of western Europe including northern Norway (grin), and 42/50 states (missing ND, IN, OH, SC, VT, NH, WV, and ME).
4) I'm a Colorado Native.
5) I love to read romantic mysteries, particularly the JD Robb's (pen name for Nora Roberts) "in Death" series! Love Eve and Rourke!!!
And I pass the award on to five of my blogging friends:
1) Jessica of Jess' Obsession - Jessica and I have "known" each other for several years now. We met swapping and we keep on swapping!
2)Donelda of Wiggy's World - I also met Donelda swapping on SCS. She always posts the most beautiful cards!
3)Jacque of Jacque's Joie de Virve - who hasn't been stamping all that long but does an INCREDIBLE job with the Magnolia Tilda's and other stamps.
4) Joanna of Sitting on Copic Pens and Knitting Needles - Joanna lives here in the Springs area so we get to stamp now and then. She's just started her blog but she (and her sons) are so funny! I love to hear what's new with them! Joanna will also be joining the KLSNS design team in January!
5) Kelly and all the girls of KLSNS DT blog - KL Stampin and Scrapping - These very talented ladies post every day. Each has their own style and they give me inspiration at every turn. I joined this DT to fill in for a member that had to leave suddenly. I've been enjoining the challenge of posting for them each week!
And so, on to the KLSNS entry for today!
I have another sweet Tilda today. I can't believe Thanksgiving is now less than two weeks away! I was in the mall yesterday and everybody is ready for Christmas. I can deal with the decorations but the carols were a bit much. I guess retailers need every ounce of help this year!
This is Peachy Tilda. She's been harvesting her "peaches" for her Thanksgiving pie. Only, I colored them as apples because, I prefer apple pie over peach pie. (wink) She's a little bit of paper piecing, a little bit of layering, and a little Copic coloring. Her dress and boots are paper pieced (stamped on colored paper and cut out). The layered section is her arm and basket over the paper dress. I left a bit of a tab on the upper arm and cut a slit under the sleeve. There's a pop-dot under her basket. So she has a true 3D arm. Finally, I used an old SCS sketch (SC246) for the layout.
Hair: E07, E09, Y17
Skin: E000, E00, E02, R20
Apples: R24, R29, Y02. G09
Basket: Y23, Y26, Y28
Sky/Leaves: Blender, Y000, YR02, YR09, C1
Under Dress: R20, R29, RV32
Stamps: Magnolia PEACHY TILDA; Stampin Up! HOLIDAY BEST
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey INDIAN SUMMER
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, ribbon, glitter pen, rhinestones, copper EP, and oval punch.
Please join me tonight and tomorrow the VSN (Virtual Stamp Night)on SCS. The link for the main thread is here. I'll be posting tonight's entries as I finish the cards. And don't forget, I'm hosting the first challenge on Saturday morning!