Wednesday, September 30, 2009

VSN - Rock 'n Roll and The Hustle

To continue with VSN card challenges - here are the last two entries I did on Friday night. "Rock 'n Roll" and "The Hustle".

The "rock 'n roll" technique is a very simple one. Using a solid stamp inked with one color. Then gentle roll the edges of the stamp in another color. Here I did SU! Green Galore and Pixie Pink.

After stamping I cut out the pine trees. The pink background "snow swirl" is from Cosmo Cricket's JOLLY BY GOLLY collection. I cut white paper in a curve and decorated with Stickles for some bling.

Stamps: SU! Patterned Pines; sentiment Elzybells
Paper: Cosmo Cricket JOLLY BY GOLLY, SU! Whisper White.
Ink: SU! Green Galore and Pixie Pink
Accessories: Creative Memories curved template, Making Memories FaLaLa snowflake, and Stickles.

"The Hustle" was a simple card recipe: 4 colors, 4 layers, and 8 embellishments. I've had this snowman paper collection on my desk for probably two months or better. The swirl background and printed snowman paper, as well as, solid card stock that matched. The one good thing about the VSN's 45 minute time limit is that you *have to use* what's on hand. The Whipper Snapper snowman was colored with Copics, but I decided I need to invest in some sagier greens. These greens are a bit lime for the olive paper.

4 colors: tan, olive, rust, and mustard - not traditional snowman colors but that's the patterned paper for you.
4 layers: background swirl; snowman strip w/rust cardstock border; ribbon; and snowman image w/brown cardstock border.
8 embellishments: 3 rusty snowflakes, ribbon, star rhinestone (on the pocket), and 3 mini pom-pom snowballs. The mini pom-pom's were airbrushed with my Copic airbrush system with a bit of brown.

Stamps: Whipper Snapper
Paper: Snowman paper - sorry I don't remember the company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, rhinestones, mini pom-poms, airbrush system, rusty snowflakes, and ribbon.

3 comments:

  1. Great cards, Deb! Love pink & green for Christmas colors--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the unique colors in the first one, but I really ADORE snowmen!! :) Hugs, Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. VSN must have been quite the productive night for you, Deb! I'm so impressed by these rock-n-roll trees; I always seem to only use this technique on flowers and leaves! And I can't even think where I'd start with that Hustle recipe, but you created such a fun card -- awesome coloring on the snowman!!

    ReplyDelete