Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

I'm in a group on SCS, where you can post "wishes" for images or products. Which keeps me from buying EVERY stamp I see. (grin) Somebody else in the group will fulfill my wish, if they have the stamp. I earn wishes by filling other member wishes - RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS (Wish RAK). Every month one of the group leaders posts 3 challenges. The only rule is that you must use one of your Wish RAK gifts. These are my entries for the month.

This challenge was to use 1/4 cup of rice in a plastic bag or balloon as a "stamp" to make a background. I tried to follow the directions (really I did) but it was just a big mess. So I improvised. I used embossing ink and clear EP with the rice stamp. After it was heated and set - I sprayed Glimmer Mist on the paper to make this INCREDIBLE background. The picture does *NOT* do it justice. The white dandelion on black was my wish RAK. To finish I put the round Denami HAPPY BIRTHDAY sentiment and a few rhinestones.

Stamps: dandelion (Penny Black?); sentiment Denami Designs
Paper: Neenah Solar White (aka PTI white), black, olive green, and aqua cardstock.
Ink: White, SU! Bermuda Bay and Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Glimmer Mist: Patina, Olive Green, Sapphire; rhinestones, clear EP, and round punches.


The hostess was inspired by the apple harvest in Michigan to create this color challenge: SU! Real Red, Barley Banana, and Certainly Celery (or Old Olive). I was inspired to use apples too! This EDWIN stamp was the Wish RAK (I think he looks like my nephew in his glasses). I colored Edwin with Copics. His sweater was colored and then using a wash cloth and blending solution I dabbed the sweater to give it texture. It really does look "fuzzy". I used this week's SCS Sketch Callenge #247. The apple core is punch art inspired by Julia Bettencourt. Red and cream cardstock is punched with SU! Rounded Tab punch. The cream is brushed with Creamy Caramel. The red is cut with decorative scissors. The seeds are Denami Raindrops. The sentiment is in a great set from Stampendous called LITTLE FRUIT. Die cut with my Nestabilities Labels and sponges with Summer Sun.

Stamps: Magnolia EDWIN, Stampendous LITTLE FRUIT, Denmani RAIN DROPS
Paper: SU! Real Red, Old Olive, and Barely Banana; SU! designer
Ink: SU! Summer Sun, Real Red, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: EK Success border punch, SU! Rounded tab punch, Fiskar scissors, Crystal Effects, Nestabilities, twine, and Copics.



The final challenge was a sketch. I just got the new Basic Grey's EERIE paper and I had to use it! The dotted paper and strip were busy enough not to need additional enhancement. The mummy (Wish RAK) was colored with SU! markers. And then I used my SU! color spritzer to give him a confetti background.

Stamps: Stampendous CHANGITO
Paper: Basic Grey EERIE
Ink: none
Accessories: Martha Stewart web border & corner punch, Making Memories label, SU! Markers, SU! color spritzer, and rhinestones.

3 comments:

  1. You really aced these challenges, Deb! Way to make the rice technique even more impressive, great punched apple core, and fantastic job on the sketch!! The web border punch is perfect; do you have all the MS Halloween punches now ;) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Deb, these are all great! I love the white dandilion on black CS, very cool! The web border punch is cool, too! :) I totally forgot the VSN, and I was swamped with work this past weekend.
    Hugs,
    kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb. Im blown away by your rice bag card. It's fabulous. It's very striking and has those crisp clean lines and imagery that has me drooling. Your halloween card really made me smile - I swear that when I was younger I had a neighbor who I thought was a witch and she wore lots and lots of lace. :-)
    thanks so much for sharing
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete