Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Birthday Card Fairy - September

I've done a lot of swapping for card kits in recent months. A card kit is 2 sheets of 6x6 designer paper, 2-3 copies of an image, 12" of ribbon, and some embellishments. I have so many card kits now that I decided I needed to start using them. So I joined a group on SCS, that sends birthday cards to ladies in the RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) group. These are the card kits I did up for the September birthdays I was assigned.


This image is from Rubber Romance. I don't know the name of it. The kit included some fabulous graphic turquoise/black papers. I used the SCS sketch (SC242) of the week for the layout. The sentiment and polka dot center circle are from my weekend purchase at the Expo! Both are Denami Stamps.


I don't know the designer of this stamp, but I loved the designer paper that came with it. Those large flip flops are perfect with this image. I cut a tag shape and then put the plastic flowers on the edge of the tag. I used a masking technique to give the feel of sand and surf. And again, I used the Denami sentiment and polka dot center.


This Riley kit was so fun! I masked the surf and sand before punching out the image with my Marvy Giga scallop circle. Then sponged around the out side edge with SU! Not Quite Navy. The brown "sand" paper came with the kit but I used my sand castle punch from EK Success and then sponged brown ink along the border to darken the "sand". The sentiment is by Amuse.


And finally a House Mouse image. I love House Mouse but the images are often so large that there's not much that can be done. Fortunately, this kit didn't need more than the designer paper and the image.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, girl, you have been productive! Great group of cards which reminds me that I need to re-supply my birthday card stash. And I might just have a few kits around to help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of cards! I see a house mouse one :)I love the flip flops like that and the tag idea is great! I think I already posted comments on SCS but just wanted to let you know my birthday is June 26th hint hint LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete